Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Gigantic Dollhouse & Fat for Christmas

Another New Year's post…#SoCliché #DealWithIt #NotReallyJustKidding #TomorrowsBlogPost

Today, a Christmas recap… #FashionablyLate
I attempted my own "Christmas pictures" since we didn't have time to get professional ones done.
I figured if I got just one good one in front of a tree, we could go later to get more done elsewhere.
This was the best shot I got of both of them.
#EpicFail

These didn't turn out too bad though.

First present of the year unwrapped. Of course she had to "help" him. Smh.

She got cowgirl boots…& didn't take them off the rest of the day. He made it to gift #3 then lost interest in unwrapping because, obviously, there was a dire need to play with that one & that one only.

Taterbug also got this from her Papa…a dollhouse that is freakishly huge. It takes up one whole wall in her room. It's so tall she can't reach the attic/baby room. (Side note: Why the hell would you put the baby room in the attic? Most neglectful parent dolls of the year award goes to the dolls who used to inhabit this dollhouse) Like wth…I move to a new house for more room & they just buy bigger toys. I can't win for anything.

I'm around 5'4" to 5'5". I'm sure you can guesstimate how big this nightmare beautiful dollhouse is.


After all was done at home, we arrived at my (our) Nannie's around 11 a.m. That's normally a whole lot later than usual, but we were just too busy with the oh-so-many toys this morning to worried about getting dressed or arriving early. Someone somewhere was watching out for me somewhere though 'cause there was still oyster soup left! Hallelujer, praise de lort!


Present unwrapping commenced as soon as my dramatic & always late sister finally showed up with my nieces.





This girl was more excited about opening presents than she was about actually getting them. She got done with all of hers, then went around asking to unwrap other people's presents…just because.

 Bahahaha! #Twinsies That's my Bubba & his father in the plaid lumberjack looking shirts. Before you asked, it was planned…all by me. Bubba had that shirt already & I got his father the shirt as a Christmas present. Coincidentally, they were #twinsies the day before too…both were wearing batman t-shirts. I couldn't stop laughing. I also couldn't get enough of the red bow on Bubba's head. It was too much.


My three nieces, my uncle, & my aunt-in-law.
 After presents, we ate like we hadn't in months okay, only a month 'cause I went food-binge crazy at Thanksgiving). I packed as much food into containers afterwards to take home for later. We left around 2-3 P.M. to head over to our Grannie's. I legitly dropped all the food off by my house & went to her house basically to eat some more…& packed some more plates full of food for later. No lie, I ate off of Christmas food for the next 3-4 days. #LikeTheFatKidIAm
And then…the kids played with their toys.

What did I get for Christmas, you ask? Well...

This is no lie. I plan on explaining this in more detail in a post later this week.
#LikeTheFatKidIAm
From my son's father…the whole series (with the exception of the last season, but it has slots for the last season's DVDs). Gaahhhhhhh! <3 This tied for 1st on Favorite Christmas Present of 2014.
This was my 2nd 1st place on Favorite Christmas Present of 2014. It smells like straight up sexy man…
my bff from way back since I can remember gave it to me. She knew it would kick my hormones into overdrive.
#DoesSomethingToMeFierce #MessingWithMyHormones 

This was the rest of my gift from her.
Can anybody tell what one of my favorite things in the world are?
Anyone?
Does anyone see the theme here?
Huh, huh…?
#SheGetsMe
I also got mucho coffee for my new Kuerig (gift to myself), Christmas knick-knacks for mi case nuevo, a lamp, a ChiAir hair straightener, another Jodi Picoult book, & a few other things here & there. I genuinely liked & was thankful for every single thing that I got. I would've felt exactly the same if I would've gotten nothing…or a wrench (the equivalent of something I would have no use for). 
I mean, isn't that the point? 
I was able to spend Christmas with all of my family, extended family, & friends. 
I was able to sit down & have a meal with them. 
To make memories.
To live through another Christmas, another year.
To spend the whole day with my children.
To see them happy & healthy.
Not everyone can say that.
Some people aren't afforded those luxuries.
Some people are & can, but just choose not to.
I'm just thankful that I am & that I do.

Hope your Christmas 2014 was a good one!


Tomorrow's agenda: Happily Letting Go of 2014









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback on what ya'll are thinking in terms of comments, suggestions, or questions towards the topics I discuss. Anything negative, however, will probably be overlooked, not acknowledged, &/or deleted. Ain't nobody got time for negativity!